Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 1 x pastry, for 9-inch single crust pie
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 x onion, thinly, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 x 6 ounce can marinated hearts artichoke, liquid removed, and, minced
- 1/2 c. minced roasted red pepper
- 3/4 c. shredded jarlsberg cheese or possibly 3/4 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 x egg
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- On floured surface, roll out pastry to fit 9-inch (23 cm) quiche or possibly pie plate; trim, leaving 1-inch (2.5cm) overhang.
- Fold inside rim; flute edge if using pie plate.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Line with foil; fill with pie weights.
- Bake in bottom third of oven for 15 min or possibly till rim is light gold.
- Remove foil and weights; let cold on rack.
- In skillet, heat butter in skillet over medium heat; cook onions for 2 min.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 min or possibly till very soft and golden brown.
- Let cold.
- Brush shell with mustard; sprinkle with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, 1/2 c. of the cheese, and the caramelized onions.
- Whisk together Large eggs, lowfat milk, salt and pepper; pour into shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in centre of oven for 35 min or possibly till knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 97g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||56%|
|Total Fat 6.28g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.87g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.78g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|