Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 1 x (32-oz) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. stick margarine, softened
- 1 x egg white
- 1Â 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 40 crackers)
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- Â Â Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 3 c. cubed peeled Golden brown Delicious apple (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 x (8-ounce.) block Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 x (8-ounce.) block nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1/3 c. fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup
- Â Â Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Place colander in a 2-qt glass measuring c. or possibly bowl. Line colander with four layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edge of bowl. Spoon yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; chill 12 hrs.
- Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; throw away liquid. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1/4 c. sugar, margarine, and egg white in a bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed till blended. Add in crumbs and cinnamon; stir well. Firmly press mix into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch spring form pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min; let cold on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine brown sugar and orange juice in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Add in apple; cook eight min till apple is tender and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt cheese, 1/2 c. sugar, and next five ingredients (1/2 c. sugar through nonfat cream cheese) in a bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed till smooth. Add in Large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon apple mix into prepared pan. Pour cheese mix over apples; top with 1/3 c. sundae syrup, and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour till almost set. Turn oven off; loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula or possibly knife. Let cheesecake stand for 40 min in oven with door closed.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, and let cold to room temperature. Cover and refrigerateat least eight hrs. Drizzle remaining two Tbsp. sundae syrup over top; garnish with cinnamon sticks, if you like.
- So the yogurt has ample time to drain and become yogurt cheese, start this cheesecake a day ahead.
- Makes 12 servings (serving size: one wedge).
- Cooking Light, APRIL 1996
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 97g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 133||42%|
|Total Fat 15.03g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 6.88g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 39.97g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|