Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 250 x lump sugar
- 2 x vanilla pods split each cut in 3
- 250 ml double cream
- 8 x egg yolks
- 350 ml lowfat milk
- Put the sugar and vanilla pods into a heavy saucepan and heat gently.
- As soon as the sugar starts to heat stir continuously till you get a nice golden brown colour.
- Don't increase the heat.
- As soon as the caramel is ready remove the pan from the heat and pour in the cream.
- Beware of the fierce bubbles this will produce.
- Return to a low heat and stir till all the cream has been incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks with a fork.
- Bring the lowfat milk to the boil.
- Cold slightly.
- Pour the lowfat milk over the egg yolks making sure you don't cook them.
- Stir vigorously.
- Incorporate the caramel and the egg and lowfat milk mix beating continuously.
- Return to the heat and beat till almost boiling.
- Remove the vanilla pods and pass the custard through a chinois if necessary.
- Leave till completely cool then turn in an ice cream machine.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 297g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 115||16%|
|Total Fat 13.12g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 8.19g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 150.54g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|