Cost per recipe $5.49 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. sugar
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 3 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1Â 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. sifted cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 12 lrg egg whites, room temperature
- 1Â 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Â Â Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the sugar into the bowl of a food processor and process for two min.
- Combine the cocoa pwdr, boiling water, vanilla and 1/2 c. of the sugar in a small bowl. Whisk till smooth and glossy. Mix the flour, salt and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites till frothy. Add in the cream of tartar and continue to beat till soft peaks form. Slowly add in the remaining c. of sugar. Beat till stiff peaks form. Whisk about 1 c. into the chocolate mix.
- Quickly fold the flour mix into the egg whites, 1/4 c. at a time. When completely incorporated, mix in the chocolate and pour the batter into a 10 inch tube pan. Bake for about 40 min, till a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Gently turn the cake upside down and suspend it by placing a wine bottle or possibly cone-shaped object up through the tube. Let cold for about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Run a spatula around the outer edge to loosen before removing the cake from the pan.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 910g|
|Calories from Fat 32||2%|
|Total Fat 3.67g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 427.39g||114%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||29%|