Cost per serving $0.68 view details
- 1/2 lb beef boneless sirloin tip steak
- 3/4 c. fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced garlic - (6 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/2 tsp five-spice pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. cool water
- 16 ounce frzn stir-fry bell peppers and onions thawed, liquid removed
- 2 c. cooked brown rice
- Remove fat from beef. Cut beef with grain into 2-inch strips; cut strips across grain into 1/8-inch slices.
- Mix broth, garlic, gingerroot, soy sauce, brown sugar and five-spice pwdr in medium glass or possibly plastic bowl. Mix cornstarch and cool water; stir into broth mix. Stir in beef till proportionately coated. Let stand 10 min. Drain beef; reserve marinade.
- Spray nonstick wok or possibly 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add in beef; stir-fry 2 min. Stir in bell peppers and onions and reserved marinade; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook 3 to 5 min, stirring occasionally, till sauce is thickened. Serve over rice.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 206g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||34%|
|Total Fat 9.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.64g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.12g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|