Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb fresh beans to 2 1/2 lbs per qt jar
- 1 tsp pickling salt per qt jar (optional)
- Wash, trim ends and unzip strings as needed. Sort for size and maturity; some may be packed whole and upright like asparagus; others may be cut slanted in 1-inch pcs.
- In large kettle of water at 170 degrees, place blanching basket or possibly loosely tied cheesecloth bag of prepared beans and slow-cook for 5 min after water returns to temperature. Remove beans and pack into warm, clean jars leaving 1/2-inch headroom. Add in salt if you like.
- While packing beans into jars, bring water you used to blanch beans to boil. Pour boiling liquid over beans in jars, leaving 1/2-inch headroom. Remove trapped air with slender plastic spatula. Adjust warm lids; process at 10 pounds pressure for 25 min, beginning timing when canner indicates it has achieved pressure.
- Remove from canner according to canner's manual. Place jars on dish towels on counter and let cold. Test for proper seals by pushing down on flat part of each lid; if lid pops back, seal isn't complete. Either place in refrigerator and eat soon, or possibly reseal according to manual instructions.
- This recipe yields 1 qt.
- Yield: 1 qt
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 680g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|