Cost per serving $1.32 view details
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 c. small elbow macaroni (about 6 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1 x garlic clove, chopped
- 1 x (15-oz) can cannelloni (white kidney beans), rinsed, liquid removed
- 1/2 c. minced red onion
- 1/4 c. minced pitted kalamata olives or possibly other brine-cured olives
- 1/3 c. minced fresh Italian parsley
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Drizzle 1/2 Tbsp. oil over cut side of tomatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill tomatoes, cut side up, till skin begins to char, about 2 min; turn over and grill, cut side down, just till heated through, about 1 minute. Cold. Cut tomatoes into 1 inch pcs.
- Cook macaroni in large saucepan of boiling salted water till tender but still hard to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Transfer macaroni to large bowl; cold. Fold in grilled tomatoes and any accumulated juices, 2 Tbsp. vinegar, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer salad to large platter.
- Mix beans, onion, olives, parsley, remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1 Tbsp. vinegar in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon bean salad over center of macaroni salad and serve.
- Makes 4 main-course servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 66||16%|
|Total Fat 7.49g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.09g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 73.29g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|