Cost per serving $3.09 view details
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 9 ounces cream cheese (3 -3 oz. packages)
- 1 stick butter
- salt to taste
- 2 cups ham finely ground (or chorizo for extra spice)
- ----FOR BRUSHING TURNOVERS-----
- 1 large egg beaten lightly with 1/4 t. water
- Sift the flour, then sift it again with the salt and sugar, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand or electric mixer, cream the cheese and butter together until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix with your fingers or a pastry blender until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees and lightly flour your work surface.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls and, working with one ball at a time, with a floured rolling pin roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 3-inch squares, then cut them in half, into triangles and place a teaspoonful of filling in the center of each triangle.
- Gently roll up the dough from the base of the triangle to the tip, curving the ends slightly toward the center, to form a crescent.
- Place the pastries on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart, brush with the egg wash, and bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- They can be made ahead of time and reheated in a 250F oven for 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 274g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 474||61%|
|Total Fat 53.73g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 29.25g||117%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.44g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|