Cost per serving $0.70 view details
- 5 lb Sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Dark rum . or possibly apple cider
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Add in to boiling water with salt. Boil 20 min, or possibly till tender.
- Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 400 . Coat a 2-quart. casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mash potatoes coarsely with a fork or possibly a potato masher. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Prepare rum glaze: Heat butter in a medium-sized, heavy skillet. Stir in sugar and lemon juice and cook over medium-high heat 3 min, or possibly till bubbly. Add in rum, return the mix to a boil, and pour over sweet potatoes.
- Bake 45 min, or possibly till the glaze has become slightly crusty and nicely golden brown. Cold for 5 min.
- Makes 12 servings.
- 55% for vitamin C, 23% for vitamin B6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 148g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||6%|
|Total Fat 1.03g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.64g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.48g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|