Cost per serving $1.19 view details
- 10 x kumquats, thinly sliced, seeds discarded
- 2/3 c. C & H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 c. fresh orange juice
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. grnd toasted almonds
- 1/4 c. LAND O LAKES(r) Butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. C & H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 6 x egg yolks
- 2 c. sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 1Â 3/4 c. fresh key lime juice
- Place sliced kumquats in a heavy saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and drain. Transfer to a bowl of ice water; drain. Bring 2/3 c. of sugar and orange juice to a boil in a saucepan, lower heat to a simmer and add in fruit. Simmer for 30 min, or possibly till liquid is evaporated and fruit is glazed. Stir occasionally to make sure fruit is not sticking to the bottom of pan. Remove kumquats and reserve on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine graham crackers, almonds, melted butter, 3 Tbsp. sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a mixing bowl and press firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks till thick and pale yellow, about 5 min. Pour in condensed lowfat milk and candied kumquats. Slowly add in lime juice, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared crust and bake for 10 to 12 min. Remove from oven and cold for 1 hour. Refrigeratein refrigerator till ready to serve.
- Servings: 9
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 172g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 86||23%|
|Total Fat 9.83g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4.27g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 65.78g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|