Cost per recipe $10.75 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Tawny Port
- 1 c. Minced dry Calimyrna figs
- 6 whl cloves
- 18 x Vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 c. Hazelnut, toasted (about 5 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- 4 pkt Cream cheese, room temperature (8-oz)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Plus 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Frangelico, (hazelnut liqueur)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Grated orange peel
- 1 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1 x Orange
- 2 x Dry figs
- 10 x Hazelnuts
- Â Â Port Sauce
- 2 c. Tawny Port
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- For figs and crust:Combine Port, figs and cloves in heavy medium saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer till figs soften, about 20 min. Cold. Throw away cloves.
- For Crust:Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350F. Combine vanilla wafers and hazelnuts in processor and grind finely. Add in butter and process till moist crumbs form. Press crumbs onto bottom and halfway up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Freeze crust 20 min. Spread fig mix onto bottom of crust.
- For filling:Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 1 1/2 c. sugar in large bowl till smooth. Add in Large eggs 1 at a time, beating just till blended after each addition. Fold in liqueur, vanilla and peel. Spoon filling over fig mix in crust. Gently shake pan to distribute filling.
- Bake cheesecake till filling is golden brown around the edges and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 5 min.
- Transfer to rack. Press down edges of cake to flatten if necessary.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Combine lowfat sour cream and remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar in small bowl.
- Spread mix proportionately over top of cake. Return to oven and bake 10 min. Transfer cheesecake to rack. Run small sharp knife around sides of cheesecake. Cold. Chill cake overnight. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- Release pan sides from cake; transfer cake to platter. Cut 5 slices from orange. Cut each slice in half. Cut each fig lengthwise into 5 slices. Arrange orange slices, cut side toward center, around top edge of cake. Place fig slice atop each orange slice. Place hazelnuts between orange slices. Serve with sauce.
- For port sauce:Stir Port and sugar in heavy small saucepan over low heat till sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and boil till mix is reduced to 1 c., about 13 min. Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl. Whisk into Port mix and boil till slightly thickened, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Cold. (Can be made 2 days ahead.
- Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Serves 12.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1648g|
|Calories from Fat 1951||35%|
|Total Fat 221.18g||276%|
|Saturated Fat 78.76g||315%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 881.35g||235%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.9g||70%|