Cost per recipe $6.02 view details
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream softened
- 1 c. finely minced marrons glaces (candied chestnuts, available at specialty foods shops) (about 8)
- 1Â 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 ounce fine-quality bittersweet chocolate minced fine
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate minced fine
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Cognac or possibly to taste
- In a bowl stir together well the ice cream and the marrons glaces and freeze the mix, its surface covered with plastic wrap, for 2 to 3 hrs, or possibly till it is hard. In a heavy saucepan boil the cream, stirring occasionally, till it is reduced to about 1 c., whisk in the brown sugar, and simmer the mix, whisking, till the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat, whisk in the chocolates, whisking the mix till it is smooth, and whisk in the butter and the Cognac. Serve
- the sauce hot over the ice cream.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 845g|
|Calories from Fat 1370||59%|
|Total Fat 155.15g||194%|
|Saturated Fat 96.46g||386%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 209.48g||56%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||28%|