Cost per serving $2.07 view details
- 8 Cups Frozen Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, Thawed & Drained
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Oz. American Cheese, Cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Tsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3.5 Oz. Pkg. Sliced Canadian Bacon
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Chives or Scallions (Green Part), Chopped
- For The Crust: Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 12-Inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, toss potatoes, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 eggs, flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Press potato mixture in pan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- For The Sauce: In small microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave cheese cubes and 2 tablespoons milk on high 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese and mustard until well blended.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce over potato crust; top with Canadian bacon.
- Cover remaining sauce to keep warm. Bake 5 - 7 minutes or until Canadian bacon is heated through.
- For The Topping: In medium bowl, beat eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper with fork until well mixed.
- In 10-Inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat just until butter begins to sizzle. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook 3 - 4 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Spoon scrambled eggs over hot crust. Drizzle with remaining cheese sauce. Sprinkle with chives or parsley.
- Bake in oven 5 - 8 minutes or until heated. Use a spatula to lift servings from pan.
- Tip: Feel free to add diced bell peppers, diced mushrooms (sauteed) and chopped avocados. Also, experiment with the mustard used in the sauce. Sometimes to spice it up just a bit, I've used Silver Spring's Chipotle Mustard and/or Horseradish Mustard.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 316g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 171||41%|
|Total Fat 19.21g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 9.75g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.6g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|