Cost per serving $2.22 view details
- 1 bn Spring onions
- 1 x Grey mullet, scaled and cleaned
- 55 gm Butter
- 1/2 x Chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 x Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Minced mixed fresh parsley and chives
- 1 x Sweet red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 150 gm Medium egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp. White wine
- 1 bn E watercress, stalks removed
- 50 ml Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 x Thick slice bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Minced fresh dill
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f/Gas 7.
- 1 Finely chop half the spring onions. Cut along each side of the backbone
- of the mullet down to the tail. Snip through the end of the backbone at the tail end with some scissors and remove the backbone.
- 2 Heat 25g/1oz butter in a roasting pan till melted, add in the stock cube, 150ml/ 1/4 pint warm water, garlic, minced spring onions, minced parsley and chives, add in the fish and flatten out.
- 3 Add in the mullet backbone to the pan, transfer to the oven and cook for about 8-10 min, or possibly till the fish is cooked through.
- 4 Cut 4cm piece off the top of the pepper, remove the seeds and chop.
- the remainder of the pepper in half lengthways, remove the seeds and blanch in a pan of boiling water for two min, then drain.
- 5 Place the blanched pepper in a shallow dish, drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and cook in the oven for about 10 min, or possibly till tender. Cook the noodles according to the packet. Drain.
- 6 Heat the white wine in a pan, chop the watercress leaves and add in to the pan. Cook briefly till wilted. Blitz in a mini food processor till smooth. Carefully put the fish onto a hot plate.
- 7 Sieve the juices from the roasting pan into a pan and simmer rapidly till reduced by about half. Add in the pureed watercress, whisk in the cream and 25g/1oz butter and hot through. Season.
- 8 Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add in the bread cubes and cook
- till golden. Cut the remaining spring onions into 2cm pcs.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a wok. Add in the minced pepper and spring onion pcs and stir-fry for a couple of min.
- 9 Spoon half the stir-fried vegetables into the middle of the fish.
- the sauce around the fish, sprinkle over the minced dill and add in the fried bread cubes.
- 10 Add in the liquid removed noodles to the remaining vegetables in the wok and toss. Pile the noodles onto a plate and sit the roasted pepper on top.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 305g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 580||62%|
|Total Fat 65.89g||82%|
|Saturated Fat 21.38g||86%|
|Trans Fat 0.75g|
|Total Carbs 71.02g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|