Calzone con Cavalfiore copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati Recipe
Cost per serving $0.58 view details
- Â¼ lb of bread dough
- 4 ounces fresh cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tblsp of butter
- 1 tblsp of milk
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tblsp of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 taps Tuscan Picnic Spice blend
- 1 tblsp of flour
- Prepare Filling:
- Separate the cauliflower into florets, remove leaves. Place in pot full of boiling water.
- Boil for 10 minutes, drain. Peel the garlic clove and chop finely.
- Melt butter in non stick pan and place in chopped garlic and let sautÃ© for 1 minute. Place in the cauliflower florets and sautÃ©. Let sautÃ© for 2 minutes and stir with wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and remove cauliflower from pan onto a plate. Mash with a fork. Let cool for 10 minutes. Break the egg in a bowl. Beat with a fork Add in Tuscan Picnic
- Add in grated cheese and milk. Add in the warm cauliflower. Mix
- Prepare Calzone:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place premade bread dough on a wooden board coated with flour. Roll out bread dough to a large circle. Place filling in center and fold over in form of calzone. Place your finger tips in bowl of cold water and press down the border of the calzone so it does not open during cooking.
- Dip pastry brush in some olive oil and brush on calzone. Place on a cookie sheet covered with baking paper. Place in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut in half for 2 appetizers.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 123g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||39%|
|Total Fat 12.5g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.28g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.48g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|