The good old Kaldereta,dont worry about the chicken liver.You wont know its there but instead a new taste is developed.The liver contributes a lot with the consistency of the sauce and richness of the flavor.You can omit it or you can be bold and daring... go ahead,try it and enjoy the chaos in your palate.Have a great week to all! Lets eat,lets giggle and lets be merry!
- 500 grams chicken breast sliced or cubes
- 500 grams pork butt shoulder sliced or cubes
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil(for frying potato)
- 4 small potatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil(for frying meat)
- 2 tbsp olive oil(for onion and garlic saute)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can whole tomatoes chopped
- 1 small can of beer
- 1/4 cup olive oil(for stew)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 pcs baby carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup olives ( optional)
- 350 grams pureed chicken liver
- 1 1/2 salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cubed red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water optional
- Begin by putting the meat both chicken and pork in a bowl
- Add light soy sauce,rice wine and corn flour.
- Mix properly and marinate for 3 hours.Set aside in the fridge.
- Heat a sauce pan,add 2 tbsp olive oil and fry the sliced potatoes for 30 seconds.Set aside.
- Using the same sauce pan,add 1/4 cup olive oil and fry the meat by batches slightly brown.Set aside.
- Using the same sauce pan,add 2 tbsp olive oil and saute onion,garlic
- Wait till the aroma comes out and add tomato paste.
- Stir until well blended for about 2 minutes.
- Now add the browned meat,chopped tomatoes in can with juice,1 can of beer and the ff spices:paprika,ground pepper,bay leaf,cinnamon,oregano.
- Cover and cook by simmering for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes,add carrots,pureed chicken liver,green olives,potatoes,sugar,salt,chili flakes.Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lastly,add chickpeas, cubed red bell pepper and grated cheese.
- Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the desired consistency.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 310g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 323||60%|
|Total Fat 36.27g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 6.73g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 24.16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|