Cost per serving $1.23 view details
- 1 med Eggplant [1 lb]
- 1 x Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 1 c. Dry bread crumbs, Italian-seasoned
- 1Â 3/4 c. Spaghetti sauce
- 2 c. Mozzarella, part-skim, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, freshly grated
- The microwave eliminates having to fry the eggplant to make this dish.
- Peel eggplant; cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In shallow bowl, beat egg with lowfat milk. Spread bread crumbs in shallow plate. dip eggplant slices into egg mix then into crumbs to coat well.
- Arrange half of the eggplant in 10-inch microwaveable plate lined with paper owels. Microwave, uncovered, at High for about 4 min or possibly till tender, rearranging slices once halfway through cooking time.
- Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- Spread 1/4 c. of the spaghetti sauce in 8-inch square microwaveable baking dish. Layer half of the eggplant, half of the mozzarella and half of the remaining spaghetti sauce in dish; repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave, covered, at High for about 4 min or possibly just till warm.
- Rotate dish; microwave at Medium (50%) covered, for 10 min or possibly till warm and bubbling, rotating dish once halfway through cooking time. Let stand covered, for 5 min.
- carbohydrate excellent source of calcium
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 262g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||39%|
|Total Fat 13.11g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.45g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.15g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||22%|