Cost per serving $1.95 view details
- 8 medium squid
- 1-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 8 medium fresh plum tomatoes (I roast mine or drop in boiling water to remove skins)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste...
- Use squid that is whole, but already cleaned w/ tentacles.
- (to clean yourself: Remove "wings", cartilage in ink well and tentacles, leave bodies WHOLE). Chop the tentacles fine.
- In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, egg, sea salt. and pepper. Add the tentacles and mix well. Stuff about 1/4 cup of mixture into the cavity of each squid. Leave enough room to pinch tops closed, and seal with a plain wooden toothpick. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add the garlic and onion and saute until soft. Add the tomatoes and red wine and simmer the sauce, uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce over the bottom of a 9" X 12" baking dish. Add the squid in a single layer. Pour over enough sauce to almost cover squid. Cover dish with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until squid is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 372g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 154||41%|
|Total Fat 17.41g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.83g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.84g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|