Calamansi is a citrus fruit commonly found in the Philippines. My sister and brother in law are headed there to visit relatives this month, so we're trying a few recipes. Calamansi can be found in California and Florida, but it is not common. You can substitute meyer lemon, lime, or even tangerine juice as a substitute. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamondin
- 2 boxes of 250ml Nestle All purpose cream
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk
- 8 oz bar of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of freshly-squeezed calamansi juice (or lime juice if you cannot find it)
- 1/4 tsp of green food coloring
- 15-17 pcs of graham crackers
- 1 kiwi, sliced into wedges (optional)
- Mix well all purpose cream, condensed milk, cream cheese and calamansi juice.
- Add food coloring until desired color is achieved. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 cup of calamansi-cream mixture into the bottom of a square glass or aluminum container.
- Arrange Graham crackers on top of the cream.
- Add a second layer of the cream.
- Finish with another layer of Graham crackers and the rest of the cream.
- Decorate with kiwi wedges and crushed Graham crackers on top if desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 179g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 241||38%|
|Total Fat 27.23g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 11.83g||47%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.79g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|