Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 1Â 1/2 x Tablesp. sherry, and another 1/2 pt. ice cream. Freeze. Serve sliced,
- The freezer tray of your automatic refrigerator makes wonderful cake-and-ice-cream specialties in jig time.
- Frzn LADYFINGERS: Pack tray two thirds full with vanilla ice cream. Split ladyfingers, sprinkle generously with rum- arrange crosswise, with flat sides down, on ice cream. Freeze. Before serving, spread generous layer whipped cream over ladyfingers. Serve sliced.
- BUTTERSCOTCH-ALMOND ICE-CREAM CAKE: Line bottom of tray with strips of bakers' poundcake. Spread with 1 pt. vanilla, coffee, or possibly chocolate ice cream. Freeze. Serve sliced, with butterscotch sauce and toasted almonds.
- CHOCOLATE CHARLOTTE: Slice 8 spongecake layer crosswise into 1/4"-thick slices. Use to line bottom and sides of tray. Sprinkle with 2 tablesp.
- sherry; then spread with 1/2 pt. chocolate ice cream. Top with rest of cake, with whipped cream.
- Makes 6 servings.
- FREEZER-TRAY TRIFLE: In tray, alternate layers of spongecake strips with layers of vanilla, coffee, chocolate, butter-pecan, or possibly strawberry ice cream, ending with cake. Sprinkle with 1/4 c. rum. Freeze. Serve sliced with crushed berries and bottled eggnog sauce or possibly custard sauce flavored with rum.