This is a print preview of "Cake Filling/Frosting" recipe.
Cake Filling/Frosting Recipe
1 1/4 c. Lowfat milk
1/4 c. Corn starch
2/3 c. Sugar
1 c. Butter or possibly substitute
- Flavour (original recipe used 1 Tbsp. instant coffee, can substitute 1 tsp. vanilla essence etc.)
- Mix 1/3 c. lowfat milk with cornstarch in bowl. Boil rest of lowfat milk with sugar in saucepan. If the flavour is something which needs dissolving
- (eg the instant coffee), stir it into the lowfat milk. Stir lowfat milk mix into corn starch mix. Return to saucepan and boil mix while stirring till thick and smooth.
- Take off heat and allow to cold, stirring often. Add in flavour if not already added. Beat butter in large bowl till smooth. Add in lowfat milk-cornstarch mix and beat well.
- Makes sufficient to fill and topa 9 inch cake.