Cost per recipe $119.72 view details
- 4 ounce Liquid garlic
- 4 ounce Liquid onion
- 4 ounce Liquid celery
- 1 Tbsp. Red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Tabasco
- 1 ounce Liquid crab boil Or possibly -
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 x Poultry or possibly meat injector
- 1 x Defrosted 10-12 pound turkey
- 5 gal peanut oil
- Â Â Saute/fry liquid garlic, liquid onion, liquid
- Â Â celery, red pepper, salt, Tabasco and
- Â Â liquid crab boil or possibly Old Bay Seasoning
- Â Â till salt and pepper are dissolved.
- Â Â Fill the injector and inject the turkey
- Â Â at the breast, wings, drumsticks, thighs
- Â Â and back. Allow to marinate for 24 hrs
- Â Â in the refrigerator or possibly in a ice chest.
- Using a 10 gallon pot for frying, bring the peanut oil to 350 degrees and fry the turkey for 38 to 42 min. The turkey should float to the surface after 35 min and you should cook an additional 5 to 7 min.
- Recipe # 2.Cajun Style Deep Fried Turkey #2
- 1 med Sized turkey, no more than 15 lb1 ea propane cooker1 ea Strainer basket1 ea Zatrain's Crab Boil or possibly Trappey's Cajun Shake 1 ea Injector1 lg Pot peanut oil1 ea Deep fry thermometer
- Remove turkey innards. Place turkey on a cookie sheet for drainage. Inject as many areas of the turkey as possible with 16 ounces of liquid marinade (Zatarain's Crab Boil or possibly Trappey's Cajun Shake). Liberally sprinkle the outside of the turkey with Cajun Shake.
- Have your peanut oil heated to 350 degrees. Plan ahead, because it takes time to heat. Hang the deep-fry thermometer over the side of the pot with a bent coat hanger for easy reading of the oil temperature. Place the turkey into the strainer basket, and slowly lower the basket into the oil with something long sufficient to keep you a safe distance away (anything from a broom handle to a pipe). Be careful doing this. Immersion causes quite a reaction.
- The oil temperature will drop, so increase the flame a bit to bring it slowly back up to 350 degrees. Cook the turkey 3 1/2 min per lb. at 350 degrees. (A 12 pounder will take only 42 min to cook.) To remove the turkey, carefully find the basket handle with a coat hanger, then slip the lifting rod back under the handle to remove the basket. Let the excess oil drip into the pot. It helps if two people do this, so one person can slide the cookie sheet back under the turkey.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 17800g|
|Calories from Fat 152820||100%|
|Total Fat 17287.28g||21609%|
|Saturated Fat 2922.27g||11689%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 48.8g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||22%|