Cost per serving $1.88 view details
- 1 can stewed tomatoes Cajun recipe ( 14 1/2 ounces)
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. long-grain rice
- 1 sm onion minced
- 2 x ribs celery sliced
- 2 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves in bite sized pcs
- 1Â 1/2 c. ham diced, about 1/2 pound
- 1/2 x green bell pepper minced
- Â Â Louisiana warm pepper sauce optional
- In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, water, rice, onion, and celery; cook over medium-high heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 min or possibly till rice in nearly tender ( there will still be some liquid in pan). Stir in chicken, ham and green pepper. Cover and continue cooking till chicken is done, about 5 min. Season with warm pepper sauce to taste. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
- NOTES : This edition of a Louisiana classic is mild sufficient for everyone in thefamily. turn up the heat with warm pepper sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 322g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||17%|
|Total Fat 6.12g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.66g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 40.15g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|