Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 4 x fresh cactus pads
- Â Â (or possibly 1 pint jar cactus shoots)
- 1/2 c. minced green onion
- 1 c. minced tomato
- 1/4 c. minced cilantro leaves
- 1 x fresh green jalapeno stems and ribs
- Â Â removed and minced
- 1 x garlic clove mashed
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Begin by blanching cactus pads in salted boiling water till tender, for about 5 min; then shock in ice water.
- Julienne cactus pads into strips lengthwise. In a small salad bowl, fold in the green onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, and cactus pads.
- In separate bowl mix garlic, oil and lime juice. Add in all the other ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 65g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 90||87%|
|Total Fat 10.23g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.41g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.09g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|