Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- 3 3/4 c. fresh corn kernels
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. sugar plus
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 x egg whites
- 3 Tbsp. instant corn masa mix - (to 4 tbspns) see * Note Butter as needed Queso fresco (optional)
- * Note: If you cannot find Instant corn masa mix, extra-fine corn meal can be substituted.
- Combine corn, salt, sugar, egg whites and 3 Tbsp. instant masa in blender and mix well till milky mix is formed, 1 to 2 min. If mix is too thin, add in 1 Tbsp. masa at a time till mix is thickened.
- Lightly butter large skillet or possibly griddle and set over medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 c. batter for each pancake in warm skillet, making 2 to 3 at once, and cook till sides of pancakes begin to turn golden, 2 to 3 min.
- Turn and cook pancakes an additional 2 to 3 min. Serve with a slice of queso fresco, if you like.
- This recipe yields 5 to 6 cachapas.
- Comments: Queso fresco is a good topping, but a dollop of lowfat sour cream can also be used. Cachapas are generally eaten instead of bread in Venezuela, but they can be prepared as an appetizer. Make them silver dollar-size and top with lowfat sour cream and some minced dill.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||6%|
|Total Fat 0.57g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.17g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|