The Cable Car was created in 1996 as a signature cocktail for the Starlight Room, a stunning nightclub and cocktail lounge atop the historic Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco. Its name comes from the geographic location of its house of origin … One of the city’s landmark properties, the Sir Francis Drake is located along the world famous Nob Hill cable car tracks, and its Starlight Room is affectionately referred to as the lounge that can be found “between the stars and the cable cars.”
- 1 Â½ ounce Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Â¾ ounce Marie Brizard orange Curacao
- 1 Â½ ounce fresh lemon sour *
- In an ice filled mixing glass add Captain Morgan, orange curacao and fresh sour; shake until well blended. Strain into a chilled sugar-cinnamon frosted cocktail glass* and garnish with an orange spiral â (Orange spirals can be easily cut fresh using a citrus zester, also known as a channel knife). Mixing 2 parts fresh squeezed lemon juice with one part simple syrup will easily make fresh lemon sour.
- Hint: To sugar-cinnamon frost a cocktail glass, first chill the glass, rub the rimâs circumference approximately Â¾ inch in depth with a lemon wedge, then dip into a bowl of superfine sugar â (regular granulated sugar does not adhere as well).
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 22g|
|Calories from Fat 1||14%|
|Total Fat 0.07g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.1g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|