Cost per serving $1.05 view details
- 475 gm savoy cabbsge
- 200 gm stale bread cut into cubes
- 275 gm Fantina cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 lt chicken stock
- 50 gm butter
- Clean trim and slice the cabbage.
- Boil in lightly salted water till tender then drain.
- Take a large saucepan and place over a gentle heat.
- Put a layer of cabbage in the bottom while still hot then a layer of bread then a layer of Fontina.
- Continue doing this till the ingredients are firfished.
- Gently press down the ingredients with the ladle.
- Bring the stock to the boil and pour over the other ingredients.
- Leave to soak for a couple of min.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a small pan.
- While still foaming pour it over the soup.
- Stir and serve warm.
- What a wonderful (and economical) way of using leftover bread. Cabbage is cheap to. The other ingredunts are very ypical of the Aosta Valley and make this a remartabk simple and delicious winter dish.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 312g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||40%|
|Total Fat 11.3g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.75g||27%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|