Cost per serving $1.59 view details
- 1 sm cabbage (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs) quartered, cored, and shredded
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb pork sausages your choice (though spicy Italian or possibly chorizo are great)
- 6 c. chicken or possibly beef stock (or possibly water) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 lb daikon radish peeled, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 c. lowfat sour cream
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add in the cabbage. When the water returns to a boil, cook the cabbage for 1 minute and drain.
- Return the cabbage to the pot along with the butter, stock or possibly water and sausages. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Add in the daikon and cook for 30 min longer.
- Remove the sausages and cut into bite-sized pcs. Return to the soup, that by this point will be very thick. Pass the lowfat sour cream separately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: This old French soup originally used potatoes instead of daikon radish. You can use zucchini instead if you prefer. The first boiling of the cabbage helps to "sweeten" it.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 341g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 444||71%|
|Total Fat 49.59g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 19.56g||78%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 6.63g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|