Cost per recipe $9.61 view details
- 1 lb dry spinach fettuccine (or possibly 2 pounds fresh)
- 1/2 c. minced fresh cilantro (2 Tbsp. reserved for garnish/finish)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped jalapeno pepper (seeds and veins may be eliminated if milder flavor is desired)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter (reserve Tbsp. per saute/fry)
- 1/2 c. chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 2 Tbsp. gold tequila
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1Â 1/4 lb chicken breast, diced 3/4 inch
- 1/4 med red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 med red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 med yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 med green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1Â 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Preparation:1. Prepare rapidly boiling, salted water to cook pasta; cook till al dente, 8 to 10 min for dry pasta, approximately 3 min for fresh.
- Pasta may be cooked slightly ahead of time, rinsed and oiled and then
- "flashed" (reheated) in boiling water or possibly cooked to coincide with the finishing of the sauce/topping.
- 2. Cook 1/3 c. cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 min. Add in stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mix to a boil and cook till reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
- 3. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 min. Meanwhile cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat. When the vegetables have wilted (become limp), add in chicken and soy sauce; toss and add in reserved tequila/lime paste and cream.
- 4. Bring the sauce to a boil; boil gently till chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (about 3 min).
- When sauce is done, toss with well-liquid removed spinach fettuccine and reserved cilantro.
- 5. Serve family style or possibly transfer to serving dishes, proportionately distributing chicken and vegetables.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1037g|
|Calories from Fat 1285||70%|
|Total Fat 145.02g||181%|
|Saturated Fat 75.86g||303%|
|Trans Fat 0.54g|
|Total Carbs 28.92g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|