Cost per recipe $2.13 view details
- 1 med Butternut squash, (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Â Â Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 med Minced (about 1 c.)
- 1 Tbsp. Freshly grated ginger, optional
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 3 c. Chicken broth
- 1 x -2 c. water, as needed
- Â Â Salt and pepper to taste
- Â Â Lowfat sour cream for garnish
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Arrange the halves cut side down in roasting pan which has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Bake squash in the oven for 40-45 min or possibly till very tender.
- Set aside to cold.
- When the squash is completely cold, scoop the flesh from the skin. While the squash is baking, cook the onion and the ginger in the butter in a saucepan, over moderately low heat, for 5 min or possibly till the onion is softened, Add in the broth and simmer the mix for 10 min, covered. Add in the squash pulp to the sauce pan.
- Transfer the mix to a blender or possibly food processor, in batches, and puree till smooth. Add in sufficient water to achieve the desired consistency, and salt and pepper to taste. Return the soup to the sauce pan and cook over moderate heat till it is warm.
- Garnish each portion with the heaping tsp. of low-fat lowfat sour cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1113g|
|Calories from Fat 313||86%|
|Total Fat 35.54g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 22.14g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.92g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|