Prep Time:10 min Cook Time:40 minutes on stove top. I like to make this in the slow cooker either on low or high depending on how quickly you want to eat the soup :) so timing showed is for stove top
- 1 butternut squash, peeled
- Nutmeg (I used ground ginger instead, found this gave it a nicer flavour) to your taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to sautÃ© the onion before adding to slow cooker.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped, add one carrot or parsnip (as pre reviews)
- 5 cups chicken stock or Veggie stock start with 4 cups and adjust as per your taste
- 1-2 carrots
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add onion and ground or minced ginger to squash and stock in slow cooker. Cook until squash & carrot is tender.
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and purÃ©e. I used an immersion blender in the slow cooker
- Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and adjust seasoning's
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 231g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||60%|
|Total Fat 4.09g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.63g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|