Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup warm water (110-115 degree)
- 2 cups warm milk (110-115 degree)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 10-11-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional butter, melted
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 3/4 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter, squash, salt and remaining sugar; mix until smooth. Add wheat germ and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down and divide into thirds; divide each portion into 20 pieces. Shape into balls. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Remove to wire racks.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 30 servings|
|Calories from Fat 50||20%|
|Total Fat 5.69g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.93g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|