Cost per serving $0.64 view details
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1Â 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 lrg room temperature Large eggs separated
- 2 c. nonfat buttermilk room temperature
- 8 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 1 x vanilla bean split and scraped
- Â Â (or possibly 1 tspn good-quality vanilla extract)
- Heat waffle iron to high. Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking pwdr, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla bean scrapings. Pour into dry mix; combine. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff but not dry. Fold whites into the batter.
- Ladle about 1/3 c. batter into each section of the waffle iron; spread batter almost to the edges. Bake 5 to 7 min, till no steam emerges. Transfer cooked waffles to a baking sheet. Transfer to oven to keep hot while baking the remaining batter.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 178g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||43%|
|Total Fat 18.94g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.01g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.07g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|