Cost per recipe $3.84 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. All-purpose flour 375 mL
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated sugar 45 mL
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp Salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda 2 mL
- 1/3 c. Soft margarine or possibly unsalted butter, cool 75 mL
- 1 c. Rolled oats 250 mL
- 1/2 c. Blueberries 125 mL
- 1 c. Buttermilk 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp. Icing sugar 25 mL
- In large bowl, sift or possibly stir together flour, sugar, baking pwdr, salt and baking soda.
- Cut butter or possibly margarine into flour mix till it is in tiny bits.
- Stir in oats and blueberries. Drizzle buttermilk over all and gather dough into a ball. Don't overknead.
- Pat dough out on floured surface to a thickness of about 1 inch/2.5 cm. Cut out 2 inch/5 cm rounds. Pat extra dough together gently and continue cutting out rounds till all dough is used.
- Place scones on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in preheated 375F/190C oven for 15 to 20 min, Or possibly till puffed and golden brown. Cold on racks. Sift icing sugar over baked scones.
- NOTES : Serve these with lightly sweetened soft yogurt cheese, or possibly yogurt and strawberry jam.
- recipe makes about 12 scones.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 737g|
|Calories from Fat 639||33%|
|Total Fat 71.6g||89%|
|Saturated Fat 14.49g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 283.74g||76%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||52%|