Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 1 x Egg
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp Soda
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 c. Buttermilk (I do not have the recipe at hand, but you can make
- Â Â Quite adequate buttermile from dry lowfat milk)
- 1 c. Nut, dates and/or possibly raisins
- 4 c. Water in pressure cooker with rack.
- Combine egg and sugar. Sift flour, soda and baking pwdr. Add in buttermilk anternately with sifted dry ingredients. Mix well. Add in nuts and stuff. Turn into buttered bowl and cover with wax paper. Place bowl in cooker on rack with water. Place cover on cooker. Steam without pressure weight for 15 min, then cook at cook position for 25 min, allow to cold naturally.
- Works, and makes quite tasty bread. I've also got a really good receipe for making brown bread and boston brown bread in a pressure cooker.
- After a week at sea, we (a crew of four) could polish off a whole loaf at one sitting, especially if the butter was still hard.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 267g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||36%|
|Total Fat 13.04g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 2.06g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.36g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|