Cost per serving $0.27 view details
- 2 cups AP flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- scant tsp. seasoned salt
- 3 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. Crisco (I use butter flavor)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Butter, Crisco, and buttermilk should be cold.
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter and shortening with a pastry cutter or fork.
- Work dough until pea-size crumbles.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Form into a ball.
- Lightly flour a work surface.
- Pat dough into a 1" tall round.
- Cut into desired size biscuits.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 91||87%|
|Total Fat 10.38g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4.86g||19%|
|Trans Fat 1.43g|
|Total Carbs 1.96g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|