Cost per recipe $6.38 view details
- 1 x Butterfish tail
- 50 gm Seasoned flour
- 120 gm Plain flour
- 1 x Egg
- 130 ml Water Good healthy pinch grnd ginger
- 1 x Lemon, juice and rind of
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 stk celery, sliced diagonally
- 1 x 50 grams pie white radish
- 1 whl carrot, halved, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 x Red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into small diagonal cubes
- 30 gm Baby corn, cut in half lengthways
- 30 gm Sugar snap peas
- 1 can Peeled pimentoes
- 1 x Clove garlic Good splash of white wine vinegar/lemon juice
- 1 pch Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Groundnut oil
- 1 pch Chinese five spice
- 1 Tbsp. Light soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame seeds Lemon wedge for garnish
- 1 sprg flat leaf parsley
- 50 gm Flour
- Preheat deep fat fryer to 160c.
- 1 For the Batter: Sift 120g flour into a medium bowl and crack the egg into the centre. Add in the baking pwdr, ginger and lemon rind. Gradually incorporate the water, stirring continuously and add in half the lemon juice to create a lump-free batter.
- 2 Heat a medium pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add in the tinned pimento and crush in the garlic clove. Add in a healthy pinch of paprika and the white wine vinegar or possibly lemon juice, and hot gently on a low heat.
- 3 Cut the white radish in half and cut into diagonal slices. Put to one side. Cut the butterfish tail into two separate fillets by carefully slicing down either side of the centre bone. Cut each fillet into five or possibly six pcs.
- 4 Place the butterfish pcs in the flour and coat well. Take the butterfish out of the flour, dust well and place into the batter. Test the heat of the oil by inserting a small cube of bread.
- 5 Make sure the butterfish pcs are well coated in batter, lift the basket slightly out of the oil and place the fish carefully in the basket. Lower into the oil and cook for about a minute.
- 6 Remove the sauce from the heat and use a hand blender to emulsify the sauce till a fairly smooth consistency has been achieved. Heat a wok and drizzle with groundnut oil. Add in the carrots, white radish and celery and stir-fry for a minute.
- 7 Add in the red pepper and baby corn and keep stir-frying. Add in the sugar snap peas, 2 tbsp soy sauce, healthy pinch of Chinese five spice, 1 tbsp sesame seeds and the rest of the lemon juice. Toss for another 20 seconds and turn off the heat.
- 8 When the butterfish is crisp and golden brown, remove from the oil and place on a kitchen towel-covered plate to drain off excess oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- 7 To serve, stack up the vegetables in the centre of the serving plate forming a nest effect and add in the butterfish pcs on top or possibly around the nest. Carefully drizzle the sauce around the arrangement and serve. Garnish with a sprig of flat leaf parsley and a lemon wedge.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1072g|
|Calories from Fat 353||26%|
|Total Fat 40.31g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 7.33g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 219.59g||59%|
|Dietary Fiber 23.4g||78%|