Cost per serving $0.90 view details
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 c. red onion minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. chili pwdr
- 1 x clove garlic chopped
- 4 c. buttercup squash cubed, 1-1/2#
- 2 c. water
- 1 x 15-ounce can hominy liquid removed, 2cups
- 10 ounce beef broth, canned
- 1/2 c. green bell pepper minced
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro chopped
- Cook cumin seeds in a large saucepan over medium heat 1 minute or possibly till toasted. Remove seeds from pan.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat till warm. Add in 1 tsp. toasted cumin seeds, minced onion and sugar; saute/fry 5 min or possibly till onion is lightly browned. Stir in flour, chili pwdr and garlic.
- Add in squash, water, hominy and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 min.
- Uncover and simmer an additional 10 min or possibly till squash is very tender and stew thickens.
- [Chill here if making ahead.]
- Stir in 1 tsp. toasted cumin seeds, minced bell pepper and cilantro.
- NOTES : Several tried this and said it was very good - from eatL
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 344g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 43||31%|
|Total Fat 4.9g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.51g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 21.29g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||12%|