Cost per recipe $8.33 view details
- 4 x to 6 small salads
- 1 head butter or possibly Bibb lettuce
- 1 sm bunch young spinach leaves
- 2 x grapefruit
- 2 x avocados
- 4 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp raspberry or possibly other fruit or possibly white vinegar
- 1 x shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 x to 7 Tbsp. virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp mint, finely minced
- 2 tsp chives, finely sliced
- Â Â Black pepper to taste
- Separate the leaves of lettuce and remove the spinach stems if necessary.
- Wash the greens thoroughly and dry them in a spinner.
- If the spinach leaves are small, leave them whole. If they are large, layer several leaves together, roll them up and slice them into wide or possibly narrow ribbons. Place them loosely in a kitchen towel and chill till needed.
- Slice a thin piece off the top and bottom of each grapefruit. Using a very sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, working down the sides and removing the white pith along with the peel.
- Holding the grapefruit over a bowl to catch the juice, cut each section loose from its membrane and toss lightly with the juice in the bowl.
- Peel the avocados, slice them in half and remove the seeds. Lay the halves cut-side down and slice them at the desired thickness crosswise at an angle. Set aside.
- Combine the sherry and fruit vinegars, shallot and salt in a bowl.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add in the oil in a steady stream, whisking till completely emulsified. Taste and adjust balance of vinegar and oil if necessary.
- Stir in the mint and chives.
- Pour the juice off the grapefruit sections and reserve for another use.
- Combine the grapefruit with the avocado and dress with some of the vinaigrette.
- Toss the greens with the rest of the vinaigrette and lay them on salad plates. Set the grapefruit and avocado slices in and among the leaves. Add in black pepper to taste and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 737g|
|Calories from Fat 310||62%|
|Total Fat 34.63g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 7.0g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.57g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 22.1g||74%|