Cost per serving $4.04 view details
- olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cans diced tomatoes
- a few slurps of soy sauce
- 600 gm minced lamb
- plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- Â½ litre chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Â½ tbsp paprika
- 4-5 eggs
- a good squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp harissa (or any chilli paste
- Preheat oven to 200Â°C fan forced (220Â°C normal).
- To make the tomato sauce, heat a little oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and gently sautÃ© 2 chopped onions and 4 crushed garlic cloves until tender, stirring now and again.
- Add the diced tomatoes, soy, Â½ tbsp chilli paste, the stock and seasonings. Stir well and cook until thick and fragrant, adding more stock if needed. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Then heat a little oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and gently sautÃ© 1 chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves until tender, stirring now and again.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and combine with the mince, 80 gm yoghurt, Â½ tbsp chilli paste, 2 tbsp chopped coriander, the paprika and seasonings (adding an egg if dry).
- Form 300 gm of the meatball mixture into largish balls, place on an oiled baking tray and cook in the oven for about 15 mins until firm and coloured.
- Then place the meatballs in a gratin (or any ovenproof dish), spoon a generous amount of the sauce over the top and cook in the oven for about 10-15 mins.
- Make 3-4 indents in the top, break an egg into each one and cook in the oven until just set.
- Combine 3 heaped tbsp yoghurt with the lemon juice and harissa. Sprinkle this over the top and garnish with chopped coriander.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 600g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 251||53%|
|Total Fat 27.94g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 11.06g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.46g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|