Cost per serving $1.71 view details
- 4 x sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 lb grnd beef
- 1 dsh salt
- 1 dsh freshly-grnd black pepper
- 8 slc American cheese
- 1 1/3 c. minced lettuce
- 1 slc white onion - (to 2 slices) separated
- 8 x dill pickle slices
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp French dressing
- 2 tsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Prepare the spread by combining the ingredients in a small bowl. Set this aside till you are ready to use it.
- Preheat your barbecue or possibly indoor grill to high heat.
- Divide the grnd beef into 8 even portions (3 ounces each). Roll each portion into a ball, then press each ball flat to create a patty about the same diameter as the bun.
- Grill the beef patties for 2 to 3 min per side, or possibly till done. Lightly salt and pepper each side of the patties.
- As the meat cooks, brown the faces of the buns in a warm skillet, toaster oven or possibly face-down on the grill. Watch the buns closely so which they don't burn.
- Build each burger by first spreading a Tbsp. of the spread on the face of the top bun. Arrange about 1/3 c. of lettuce proportionately over the spread.
- On the bottom bun stack a patty, then a slice of American cheese, another patty, and another slice of cheese. On the top slice of cheese arrange 2 to 3 separated onion slices (rings), then 2 pickle slices.
- Turn the top part of the burger over onto the bottom and serve. You may also want to zap the sandwiches in the microwave, individually, for 15 to 20 seconds each.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 245g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 493||74%|
|Total Fat 54.96g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 21.6g||86%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.08g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|