Cost per serving $2.20 view details
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lrg onion minced
- 3 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 c. bulgur
- 4 c. chicken stock - (about) (or possibly canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed, and cut into 3/4" pcs
- 1 1/2 c. frzn peas unthawed
- 3/4 c. freshly-grated Parmesan cheese - (abt 1 1/2 ounce)
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon Additional freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat 4 Tbsp. butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic; saute/fry till light golden brown, about 5 min. Fold in bulgur. Add in 1/2 c. stock and cook till absorbed, stirring often, about 5 min. Add in 1/2 c. stock 2 more times, simmering after each addition and stirring often till liquid is absorbed.
- Fold in asparagus. Continue adding stock 1/2 c. at a time till bulgur is just tender and mix is creamy, simmering after each addition and stirring often till stock is absorbed, about 20 min. Add in peas and cook 3 min longer. Stir in 3/4 c. Parmesan, cream, tarragon and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter. Serve, passing additional grated Parmesan, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings as a first-course.
- Comments: At the restaurant, this is made with spelt, a chewy grain which requires much longer cooking than does the more readily available bulgur called for here.
- Description: "(Risotto De Bulgour Aux Pois At Asperges)"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 274g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 107||42%|
|Total Fat 12.19g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 31.72g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.3g||28%|