Cost per serving $1.05 view details
- 1 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Bulgur or possibly cracked wheat
- 1 c. Canned garbanzo beans, liquid removed and rinsed
- 1/4 c. Diced dry apricots or possibly golden brown raisins
- 1 stk cinnamon
- 2 c. Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced natural almonds, toasted in dry skillet
- Combine onion and butter in deep wide skillet. Cook, stirring, over mediun-low heat till onion is golden brown, about 10 min. Stir in bulgur, garbanzo beans, apricots and cinnamon stick.
- Add in broth and bring to boil. Stir once. Cover and cook over low heat till broth is absorbed. about 20 min. Let stand. covered, 10 min.
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in small dry skillet, stirring, over low heat, about 3 min. Remove cinnamon stick from pilaf. Sprinkle almonds over pilaf and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 284g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||24%|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.9g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.8g||36%|