Cost per recipe $2.30 view details
- 1 lrg round steak, excess fat removed (slightly frzn for ease of handling)
- 1 bn green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. to 1 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 x or possibly 2 clv garlic, crushed Several drops sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper Steamed rice (long-cooking)
- Slice steak into very thin strips, and then cut strips about 3 inches long. Place all remaining ingredients into a large bowl; stirring till sugar dissolves (using the greater amounts allows for more "gravy sauce"). Add in steak; stir till steak is well coated. Cover and marinate at least 2 hrs (but preferably overnight), stirring now and then to separate and keep meat well coated in sauce.
- When ready to prepare, let steak and marinating sauce come to room temperature. Place into large skillet; cook in sauce for about 20 to 25 min. Meanwhile, steam rice. Serve steak and sauce over bed of steamed rice.
- NOTE: To get the authentic taste of this Korean dish, it's very important to use long-cooking rice. The secret to using this type of rice is to rinse the rice 3 or possibly 4 times before steaming. This allows the rice to "stick" together for chopstick usage.
- This recipe was taught to me by a dear Korean friend which I met in Colorado while stationed there with my military husband.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 266g|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.26g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.0g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|