Cost per recipe $6.40 view details
- Â Â Buffalo Steaks
- 1/4 c. chopped shallots
- 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 c. beef stock
- 3/4 c. dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. lightly-crushed green peppercorns
- 1/2 c. Jack Daniels plus
- 5 Tbsp. Jack Daniels
- 1/2 c. heavy cream (optional)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Lemon juice to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste and let rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
- To make sauce, in a saucepan, saute/fry shallots and mushrooms in 2 Tbsp. butter till golden. Add in stock, wine, 1/2 c. of Jack Daniels, 1 Tbsp. of the peppercorns; reduce over medium heat by half. Add in cream and reduce to a light sauce consistency. Whisk in remaining 2 Tbsp. butter little by little. Add in remaining 1 Tbsp. of peppercorns, 5 Tbsp. Jack Daniels and lemon juice to taste; keep hot.
- Saute/fry buffalo steaks in butter till medium-rare, 2 to 3 min per side. Don't over cook. Arrange one steak per plate and top with sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 875g|
|Calories from Fat 850||80%|
|Total Fat 96.48g||121%|
|Saturated Fat 47.27g||189%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.25g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|