Cost per recipe $5.43 view details
- 12 x Thin slices buffalo Mozzarella cheese
- Â Â Maldon rock salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled and crushed with a little salt
- 1 Tbsp. Finely minced red onion
- 2 x Beefsteak tomatoes, preferably green, each cut horizontally into 4
- 1 x Thick slices
- Â Â Seasoned cornmeal or possibly polenta for dredging
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounce Unsalted butter
- 1 x Garlic clove, peeled and cut in 4
- 4 fl ounce double cream
- 4 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Snipped chives
- 2 Tbsp. Ripped basil leaves
- About an hour before you wish to serve arrange the mozzarella slices in a dish. Sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper. Mix the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, garlic and red onions together and pour over the mozzarella. Leave to marinate.
- About 20 min before you want to serve dredge the tomato slices in seasoned cornmeal or possibly polenta. In a large frying pan heat the extra virgin olive oil and fry half the tomatoes (so they do not overlap).
- After 3 min turn the tomatoes and cook for a further 3 min.
- The tomatoes should be golden on both sides. Remove them from the pan on to kitchen paper and repeat the procedure with the second batch.
- Wipe the pan clean and heat the butter over a medium heat. Add in the garlic and heat the butter over a medium heat. Add in the garlic and pan-fry till it is golden brown and the butter is turning nutty brown.
- Remove and throw away the garlic. Add in the cream and boil vigorously for 5 min to thicken slightly.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 392g|
|Calories from Fat 1935||95%|
|Total Fat 219.43g||274%|
|Saturated Fat 78.36g||313%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.32g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|