Cost per serving $0.89 view details
- 1 c. buckwheat flour
- 3/4 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 2/3 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lrg egg yolk
- 2 lrg egg whites
- 1 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c. frzn cranberry juice concentrate thawed
- 1/4 c. dry cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat.
- In large bowl, whisk together buckwheat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, baking soda and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- In medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and egg yolk. Add in buttermilk mix to flour mix, whisking just till combined.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites till soft peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Ladle 2/3 c. batter (or possibly amount recommended by manufacturer's directions for your waffle iron) into waffle iron. Close lid and cook till waffles are golden brown, about 3 to 4 min. Gently open lid and remove waffle with fork. Serve immediately or possibly transfer to baking sheet and keep hot in oven. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly coating iron with cooking spray each time.
- While waffles cook, in small saucepan, combine maple syrup, cranberry juice concentrate and dry cranberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer till berries are plumped, about 3 min (syrup will be thin). Serve hot syrup over waffles.
- This recipe yields 12 waffles.
- Description: "This hearty, dark-brown waffle, soaked with tangy syrup, is perfect fare for a wintry morning."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 107g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 20||9%|
|Total Fat 2.27g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 45.48g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|