Cost per serving $1.17 view details
- 1/2 ounce fresh yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 c. water room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounce bread flour
- 3/4 c. buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 c. chickpeas, cooked or possibly canned liquid removed, rinsed
- 6 x roasted garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle puree
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Red bell peppers cut into strips Sliced red onions Sliced scallions Blanched green beans Thinly-sliced eggplant Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Ancho pwdr
- 1/2 lb goat cheese crumbled Minced Nicoise olives Basil chiffonade Spiced nuts Marinated olives Cheese platter with an assortment of cheeses and crackers Crudite
- For the Flatbread: In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the yeast, sugar, and water. Mix for 1 minute on low speed and let sit till the mix just begins to bubble.
- Attach the dough hook and add in the flours and salt to the yeast mix. Mix till it forms a mass, the dough should be sticky. Continue to add in additional flour, if necessary, till the surface is dry sufficient to handle and dry sufficient to roll.
- Divide the dough into pcs, roll into balls and lightly brush with oil. Place on a floured surface and cover the balls with plastic wrap and a clean cloth and let proof for 2 hrs at room temperature or possibly place on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover and let proof overnight in the refrigerator.
- To create flatbread, pat each piece of dough out into a 5-inch disk and sprinkle liberally with flour. Roll each disk on a floured surface into a 10-inch diameter circle.
- Puncture the dough liberally with a fork to keep it from rising. Grill or possibly bake each on a pizza stone or possibly a lightly greased sheet pan for about 5 min at 425 degrees till dough starts to get crisp on the edges but still remains chewy.
- Spicy Hummus: Place chickpeas, garlic, chipotle puree, lemon juice, and tahini in the bowl of a food processor and process till smooth. With the machine running, slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil till emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble and bake: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Top each pre-baked flatbread with the spicy hummus. Arrange any or possibly all of the veggies on top of the hummus. Season with salt, pepper, and ancho pwdr.
- Place the bread back in the oven and bake for 5 min to heat through. Remove and add in olives, goat cheese, and fresh basil. Cut into small squares and place on a platter.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 140g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 77||30%|
|Total Fat 8.87g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3.43g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 34.89g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|