Cost per recipe $4.92 view details
- 1 lrg egg white
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 whl boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3/4 lb.), cut into 3/4-inch pcs
- 2 pt Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved or possibly, if large, quartered
- 1/4 c. peanut or possibly vegetable oil
- 1 x shallot chopped
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. chopped peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 x red bell pepper cut into 3/4-inch pcs
- 6 x scallions cut diagonally into 3/4-inch pcs (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar (available at Oriental markets and many supermarkets)
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp Oriental sesame oil
- 1 tsp cool water
- Â Â a (8-oz) can water chestnuts, sliced thin, blanched in boiling water for 30 seconds, and refreshed under cool water
- In a bowl whisk together the egg white and 1 Tbsp. of the cornstarch,
- add in the chicken, and let the mix stand for 10 min. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook the Brussels sprouts for 2 1/2 min, or possibly till they are just crisp-tender, drain them in a colander, and refresh them under cool water.
- Heat a wok over moderately high heat and in it heat the peanut oil till it is warm but not smoking. Add in the chicken, liquid removed, stir-fry it for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or possibly till it is opaque and just hard, and transfer it with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Heat the oil remaining in the wok till it is warm but not smoking and in it stir-fry the shallot, the garlic, and the gingerroot for 30 seconds. Add in the bell pepper and stir-fry the mix for 2 min. Add in the scallions and the Brussels sprouts and stir-fry the mix for 1 minute. In a small bowl whisk together the soy
- sauce, the sugar, the vinegar, the broth, the sesame oil, the remaining 1 tsp. cornstarch, and the cool water, make a well in the center of the vegetables, and whisk the soy sauce mix into the well. Bring the liquid to a boil, stir together the vegetable mix to combine it well,and simmer it for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken and the water chestnuts, season the stir-fry with salt and pepper, and cook it for 30 seconds, or possibly till the chicken is heated through.
- Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 816g|
|Calories from Fat 275||41%|
|Total Fat 30.71g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 5.78g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 66.83g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.8g||69%|