This is a print preview of "Brussel Sprouts Sauteed in Garlic & Olive Oil" recipe.
Brussel Sprouts Sauteed in Garlic & Olive Oil Recipe
This is a simple, tasty side dish to add to your menu. I've adapted it from Marcella Hazan's recipes for other vegetables. It tastes GREAT with Brussel Sprouts. Broccoli is good too.
Goes Well With: pasta, beef, chicken
Wine and Drink Pairings:
Estancia Cabernet sauvignon
2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil Brussel Sprouts for 10-15 minutes depending on desired crunchiness.
- While boiling, chop garlic
- Put olive oil and chopped garlic into a large saute pan
- Remove sprouts and put into large bowl, cover with cool water
- On a large cutting board, cut sprouts in half once cool
- Saute garlic over medium heat until it is golden brown (~1 min)
- Put sprouts in pan an saute approximately 2 min, then turn sides an saute for another 2 min
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Add grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Let them sit for a little bit after they are finished cooking to maximize the flavor. Yummy cold as leftovers too!