This is a print preview of "Brussel Sprouts Sauteed in Garlic & Olive Oil" recipe.
Brussel Sprouts Sauteed in Garlic & Olive Oil Recipe
This is a simple, tasty side dish to add to your menu. I've adapted it from Marcella Hazan's recipes for other vegetables. It tastes GREAT with Brussel Sprouts. Broccoli is good too.
|Prep time: 15 minutes
|Cook time: 10 minutes
Goes Well With: pasta, beef, chicken
Wine and Drink Pairings:
Estancia Cabernet sauvignon
2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil Brussel Sprouts for 10-15 minutes depending on desired crunchiness.
- While boiling, chop garlic
- Put olive oil and chopped garlic into a large saute pan
- Remove sprouts and put into large bowl, cover with cool water
- On a large cutting board, cut sprouts in half once cool
- Saute garlic over medium heat until it is golden brown (~1 min)
- Put sprouts in pan an saute approximately 2 min, then turn sides an saute for another 2 min
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Add grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Let them sit for a little bit after they are finished cooking to maximize the flavor. Yummy cold as leftovers too!